Thursday, October 27, 2016

International Sports

I am going to be starting a series posts where, once a week, I highlight a different nation and its sports culture.  I think this could be a hit and it's a way for me to combine my love of sports and my historical/cultural mindset.  I will try to address all of the sports that are popular in each country, especially the more primitive and local ones and detail the history of each sport and where the sport is currently.  Also, because many nations around the world suffer from different struggles, whether it is just a poor economy or there are various groups pressuring the citizens, sports often take a back seat to issues facing the country.  However, sports still maintain relevance in these countries and remain an important part of every culture and serve as a way to tell a nation's history.  I am going to go A-Z, starting with Afghanistan and ending with Zimbabwe and am extremely excited to see how it all goes. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment