Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 8 Fantasy Football Recap

ESPN 10 Team League - "Gregory20" - W 96-38 (4-3-1)

  • I am pleased with how this roster performed this week, even if I went against an opponent who had four players on the roster who didn't even play.  Wintson played well against a solid Oakland defense, Jordy Nelson got back to playing like a number one receiver, and the rest of the roster had weeks close to or outperforming their projections.  After this week I put waiver claims in on RB Charcandrick West since Lamar Miller has a bye this week and one on the Cowboys D/ST since the Cardinals have a bye.  
ESPN 10 Team League – “Gregory20”
POS.
Name
Proj. Pts
Points
QB
Jameis Winston, TB
19
18
RB
Lamar Miller, HOU
12
11
RB
Ryan Mathews, PHI
7
7
WR
Emmanuel Sanders, DEN
11
6
WR
Jordy Nelson, GB
10
15
TE
Gary Barnidge, CLE
7
4
FLEX
Amari Cooper, OAK
10
23
D/ST
Cardinals D/ST
8
2
K
Matt Bryant, ATL
10
10

Opponent's Roster

ESPN 10 Team League – “Gregory20” – Opponent’s Roster
POS.
Name
Points
QB
Eli Manning, NYG
0
RB
Todd Gurley, LA
0
RB
David Johnson, ARI
10
WR
Mike Evans, TB
7
WR
Keenan Allen, SD
0
TE
Zach Miller, CHI
8
FLEX
Eddie Lacy, GB
0
D/ST
Vikings D/ST
-2
K
Graham Gano, CAR
15











ESPN 10 Team League - "Pigskins" - L 100-109 (6-2)

  • My team lost a close one this week and had Russell Wilson met his expectations I would have won this match up.  I got solid performances from DeMarco Murray, Gronk, and the Broncos D/ST but my opponent getting 21 points from Jonathan Stewart really buried me.  Next week, I'll be getting Le'Veon Bell back after a bye week, which will help greatly but the Patriots have a bye week so I'll be missing Gronk and I'll need to start Wilson once again.  I also have to find a new kicker since Dustin Hopkins has a bye so I placed a claim on Dan Bailey.
ESPN 10 Team League – “Pigskins”
POS.
Name
Proj. Pts
Points
QB
Russell Wilson, SEA
19
9
RB
Christine Michael, SEA
13
10
RB
DeMarco Murray, TEN
16
18
WR
Demaryius Thomas, DEN
9
7
WR
Marvin Jones, DET
9
3
TE
Rob Gronkowski, NE
10
16
FLEX
Jacquizz Rodgers, TB
19
12
D/ST
Broncos D/ST
7
17
K
Dustin Hopkins, WSH
8
8

Opponent's Roster

ESPN 10 Team League – “Pigskins” – Opponent’s Roster
POS.
Name
Points
QB
Andrew Luck,
IND                                        
18
RB
Jonathan Stewart, CAR
21
RB
Jeremy Hill, CIN
13
WR
Julio Jones, ATL
2
WR
A.J. Green, CIN
12
TE
Travis Kelce, KC
16
FLEX
Brandon Marshall, NYJ
6
D/ST
Texans D/ST
6
K
Graham Gano, CAR
15












Yahoo's 12 Team League - "The League" - L 52.48 - 82.97 (4-4)

  • This was another bad week for my Yahoo rosters, going 0-2 in both leagues.  I really don't like Yahoo's fantasy football scoring system and have always struggled to find success in them. This week Cam Newton failed to play adequately once again and has become almost unstartable for me, Greg Olsen had a bad week, and somehow my kicker Josh Lambo had a negative week. Luckily, I get Le'Veon Bell back this coming week, but I do have to start Cam Newton once again since my backup, Blake Bortles, has a tough matchup against a tough Kansas City defense.  My defense, Cincinnati, is on a bye this week, so I added the Steelers defense who should have a good week against the Ravens, but did not drop the Bengals, 
Yahoo 12 Team League – “The League”
POS.
Name
Proj. Pts
Pts
QB
Cam Newton, CAR
16.50
10.63
WR
A.J. Green, CIN
8.35
6.05
WR
Jordan Matthews, PHI
6.05
9.25
RB
Darren Sproles, PHI
4.13
5.15
RB
Jeremy Hill, CIN
6.31
9.65
TE
Greg Olsen, CAR
4.95
0.55
W/R
Mohamed Sanu, ATL
5.65
10.20
D/ST
Cincinnati DEF
6.94
4.00
K
Josh Lambo, SD
5.22
-3.00

Opponent's Roster

Yahoo 12 Team League – “The League” – Opponent’s Roster
POS.
Name
Pts
QB
Kirk Cousins, WSH
24.77
WR
Demaryius Thomas, DEN
3.95
WR
Devonte Adams, GB
3.70
RB
David Johnson, ARI
5.40
RB
Rob Kelley, WSH
10.35
TE
Jordan Reed, WSh
10.95
W/R
Julian Edelman, NE
7.85
D/ST
Washington DEF
10.00
K
Mason Crosby, GB
6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment